Sunday, June 20, 2010

Hollandaise Sauce

I had always wanted to try eggs benedict but I didn't have the chance. I bought some lemon yesterday and decided that today is the day I'm gonna have eggs with lemon juice?

I mean, who the hell mixes their eggs together with lemon juice?
Hollandaise sauce
I toasted a slice of bread and poached an egg to go with it. My egg still seemed like a phail.

The sauce had a strong lemon flavour to it. It's super nice though I still find something missing. My search goes on.

Photobucket

Recipe from fortheloveofcooking (I tweeked a little)


Ingredients
  1. 2 egg yolks
  2. 1 tbsp of water*
  3. 1/8 cup of lemon juice
  4. 1 cube of butter (melted)
  5. A pinch of black pepper
  6. Parsley to garnish
Directions
  1. Whisk egg yolks and lemon juice together.
  2. Place bowl containing the mixture ontop of a saucepan with simmering water. Continue whisking to prevent the eggs from being scrambled.
  3. Add in melted butter and continue whisking.
  4. When the sauce is thick, remove from heat and add pepper and salt. 
*Add in water if the sauce is too thick. (adjust to personal liking)

No comments:

Post a Comment