Monday, June 21, 2010

Scrambled Eggs

scrambled eggs
I had some left over cream in the fridge after making tiramisu the other day so I made some scrambled eggs.

I've always liked my scrambled eggs with cheese but mum said that it's so cheesy that it makes her wanna puke. 

Sigh. People don't know how to appreciate cheese. This version ain't cheesy at all and it has a creamy consistency.

Ingredients (serves 1)
  1. 2 eggs
  2. 1/4 tbsp thickened cream (i used thickened cream because I want to finish using the leftovers. You can always substitute it with other types)
  3. Dried parsley and chilli flakes
  4. Butter
  5. Grated black pepper
  6. Salt (optional)

Directions
  1. Add butter to the saucepan and break the eggs into it. 
  2. Turn on the heat and keep whisking the eggs.
  3. As it thickens, take the saucepan away from the heat and continue stirring to prevent it from being too dry.
  4. Put the pan back to the heat and continue stirring.
  5. Keep on taking it away and putting it back while stirring till you get your desired scrambled eggs.
  6. Once you get your desired consistency, add in cream and add salt and pepper.
  7. Garnish with chilli flakes and parsley.

I like to garnish all my eggs with parsley but you don't have to do that!

No comments:

Post a Comment