Thursday, July 1, 2010

Black Pepper Bacon wrapped Asparagus

Black pepper bacon wrapped asparagus
Chanced upon many sites that raved on the combination of bacon and asparagus but all gave me recipe for roasting.

I decided to try deep frying since I don't have an oven and it tasted surprisingly nice so I started wrapping all my left over bacon strips from the previous Twister recipe. 

This kinda reminds me of Tori Q.

Ingredients

  1. 5 strips of bacon
  2. 5 thin asparagus (cut into halves)
  3. 1 tbsp Black Pepper Sauce (I use Woh Hup's)
  4. 2 tbsp Teriyaki Sauce
  5. 1 tbsp water


Directions

  1. Chop asparagus into halves
  2. Wrap each strip of bacon around 2 stalks of asparagus and fasten using a toothpick
  3. Deep fry till bacon turns brownish, drain oil on paper towels and place on serving plate.
  4. Mix black pepper sauce, teriyaki sauce and water together. Bring to a boil and coat onto bacon.


** you can choose not to put any sauce. The bacon is salty!

No comments:

Post a Comment